- All sessions run from 9 AM to 2 PM daily.
- Tuition includes all necessary supplies and a daily snack.
- Students should pack their own lunch.
- Enrollment is limited, so register early.
Polk Academy History Summer Camp
For over 20 years, the Polk Home has hosted “Polk Academy”, a summer camp for children entering 4th–6th grades. Your child will experience tasks and games that James K. Polk would have taken part in as a kid growing up on the Western Frontier! Bring them to play hoops and graces, take part in a real archaeological dig, learn how to cook on the fireplace hearth, write with a quill pen and much more.
The 2019 Polk Academy Summer Camp will be held on the weeks of June 10–14 and July 15–19.
The Polk Home will offer two new camps this year:
- Spring Break Day Camp on April 3, 4, and 5
- Curator Camp on the weeks of June 17–21 and July 22–26.