- Free admission to the Polk Home, Museum Room, gardens, and Presidential Hall
- 10% discount in Museum Shop
- Invidations to annual membership luncheon, Polk Party, and Family Day
- Subscription to biannual newsletter
Leadership level members receive Basic benefits, plus those of previous leadership levels. Benefits at the Leadership Level are for one household.
Young Hickory Society $25
- Free admission for one guest
YHS members participate in at least two Polk Home service events per year.
Member of the Bar $100
- Free invitation to special preview events at Presidential Hall
Governor’s Cabinet $250
- Free admission for two guests
- Recognition on Sisters’ House Supporting Members panel
Speaker of the House $500
- Free admission for two guests
- Two complimentary tickets to Bloodys and Biscuits in April
Hail to the Chief $1000
- Special Access to behind-the-scenes events
- 25% discount on event rentals
James K. Polk died just three months after leaving office, making him the president with the shortest retirement. Sarah Polk used her forty-two year widowhood to create a legacy for her husband when he couldn’t do it for himself. She took care of the objects that they collected during their lives together and bequeathed them to her great-great niece who started the James K. Polk Memorial Association in 1924. From this rich history, the Association has worked tirelessly to educate the public on one of the nation’s most successful presidents and care for the nationally significant collection of Polk artifacts.
Today, the Polk Home receives no ongoing federal funding and although it does receive some support from state and local government, it must rely on charitable contributions in order to continue the legacy that Sarah Polk started in the 19th century.
To give by phone, call
Or, Click here to give online.
The Polk Home needs volunteers. Without community support, we couldn’t accomplish all of our great programming events. Volunteer options include:
- Polk Academy Summer Camp Assistant
- Spring Membership Luncheon Server
- Event Chairperson/Committee Member
- Gardener-for-a-week or on-call gardener
- Sales/Marketing/Public Relations/Social Media
- Board Member
Become a member of the James K. Polk Memorial Association. The Polk Association has served its members since 1924 when Sarah Polk’s great-great niece and heir founded the organization. Click here to join today!
For more than 80 years, the Polk Home has accepted memorials and honorariums. All memorials may be designated for a specific area such as collections acquisition or care, garden upkeep, exhibits, or for general operating needs.
The Polk Home has one of the finest Presidential collections in the nation. You may help us conserve and protect this collection through our Adopt-an-Artifact Program. When you adopt, you receive a certificate of adoption and the right to visit your artifact as well as a personal introduction from the curator, Tom Price.
Current objects available for adoption
- Green Ball Gown – $8,000
- Hernan Cortez Portrait – $5,000
- A book from President Polk’s personal library – $250
Your Giving Supports Us
Your donations allow the Polk Home’s staff to continue to develop award-winning exhibitions related to President Polk, his times, and the American Presidency.
Important educational initiatives like Polk’s America Lecture Series, Polk Academy Children’s Summer Camp, and our new distance learning program will reach thousands of children all across the nation.
Call (931) 388-2354
to give by phone.
Click here to make your contribution online.
Mail your contribution to
James K. Polk Memorial Association
P.O. Box 741
Columbia, TN 38402-0741